Modern Water’s new* Microtox® CTM is a site-based, broad range, Continuous Toxicity Monitor (CTM). It continuously measures the chemical toxicity of a water source, giving instant indication of water health.
Microtox® CTM is a fully automatic instrument that offers a 4-week, autonomous operating cycle and requires a low level of skill for both operation and maintenance.
Microtox® CTM makes fully automatic, continuous, on-line testing a reality. It has broad range detection capabilities that provide rapid early warning of contamination by several thousand known chemicals. This enables containment measures to be actioned in time to protect against serious contamination events.
A major advantage over most analytical methods is that Microtox® CTM is able to detect contaminants whether or not there is prior knowledge of the potential source or nature of contamination. Other on-line toxicity monitors take intermittent samples and provide only one test result in typically 15-30 minutes. This means that brief events may be missed and leads to a high incidence of false alarms. Microtox® CTM takes two measurements per second, significantly reducing the risk of false alarms.
- Real-time and truly continuous monitoring
- 4-week, autonomous operating cycle
- No manual intervention except for monthly maintenance
- Automatic diagnosis of system faults
- Remote control, data analysis and troubleshooting
- Detects thousands of chemical compounds with lower levels of detection than most other biosensor systems