Type E Thermocouple (Nickel-Chromium/Constantan) has a stronger signal & more accuracy than Type K or Type J at a temperature ranges of 1,000°F and lower. The type E is also more stable than the type K, which also contributes to its accuracy.
Type E Temperature Range
- Thermocouple grade wire, -454 to 1600°F (-270 to 870°C)
- Extension wire, 32 to 392°F (0 to 200°C)
Type E Accuracy
- Standard: +/- 1.7°C or +/- 0.5%
- Special Limits of Error: +/- 1.0°C or 0.4%
Consideration for bare wire type E thermocouple applications
- In oxiding or inert atmospheres the operating range is roughly –418°F to 1,652°F (–250°C to 900°C).